Tuesday 16 April 2013

Essence Soft Touch Mousse Foundation

I am trying out lots of different foundations at the moment. Like I have said my usual favourite foundation is Estee Lauder Double wear but seen as it is quite pricey I have gone in search of some cheaper alternatives.

I noticed my mom using the Essence Soft Touch Mousse Foundation and decided to give it a try. I have heard great things about the Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation and wondered how it would compare.



I tried out the colour- 02 Matt Beige.
I use a Real Techniques Stippling Brush to apply the product.

Good News-
Very affordable at approx. €4 for a 16g jar.
The packaging is quite dainty, with a lovely glass jar. Also very compact, great for throwing in your handbag.
Foundation is light weight and feels like silk on the skin.

Bad News-
Lasting power is not great, probably lasts about 4/5 hours on my skin.
Not much colours to choose from- 5 in the range.



Even though the foundation does not last as long as other brands, I really loved the colour and the feel of the foundation on my skin.  I simply touched up the foundation throughout the day to keep up the coverage. The small jar is still lasting me after 2 full weeks of use.

Has anyone else tried out this foundation?

Learn more about Essence Foundation products here

Amy

xxx

4 comments:

  1. I have not tried a mousse foundation in years! Something I will need to look into!

    www.littlepieceofbeauty.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks good, The only mousse foundation i've tried before is the maybelline dream matte mousse.

    Jo xx
    http://a-hint-of-glitter.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog,really like it. I've yet to dabble in the Essie polish collections,any other colours you would recommend?

    Www.beautybloggerddglitz.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie Fiji, Mint candy apple, Haute as hello, van d'go - all pastel colours! I'm obsessed with pastels at the moment!

      Delete