Wednesday 11 September 2013

Revlon Colorstay Foundation

Sorry for the lack of blogging, I spent a few days in Leitrim  with some friends. We decided to take a few days away, Leitrim was a great escape very tranquil and quiet. We obviously had to do a bit of shopping while we were there! On Saturday we drove to Carrick-on-Shannon and found a few shops and a Boots store!


One of my purchases was the Revlon Colorstay Foundation. I have heard great things about this foundation but for some reason I have never tried it. I have read that it is similar to the Estee Lauder Double wear which is my holy grail foundation.

I bought the shade- 180 Sand Beige in Normal/Dry Skin. So far I am thrilled with this foundation. The foundation comes in a lovely glass bottle, although I do wish it had a pump. The liquid glides onto the skin and blends easily. This foundation has medium to full coverage, similar to the Estee Lauder Double wear. I felt this foundation actually gave the same amount of coverage but does not feel as cakey on your skin. It is long wearing, I have worn it for 12plus hours and it has stayed intact, no patching.

I cant find many negatives for this product. The only negative I can think of is the problem of finding a shade to suit you. As there is quite a few different shades there is plenty to choose from, my arm was several different colours leaving the shop! but I am happy with the colour I finally decided on. I would simply say take your time when choosing, and check swatches of each colour.

 
I think this foundation would be a perfect choice for someone who likes a matte finish with medium to full coverage.

Has anyone else tried this foundation?

7 comments:

  1. Tried and really liked it and great shade selection too for a budget brand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think there is 20 shades to choose from! So glad I picked it up! x

      Delete
  2. I have this and its amazing!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my go to foundation, I absolutely love it!! Totally agree about the shade range. And I wish the bottle came with a pump, other than that this is great :)

    Stacey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I work in the Boots that you were in!! :O I can't believe I missed you, raging! :( xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, awh sorry I didn't run into you Danielle, the girls in there were lovely, very helpful xxx

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love this foundation been using it for well over a year now, scared to try anything else if i'm honest. Like you said though it really needs a pump :( xx

    michelles-beauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete